The Macular Disease Foundation primary goal is to fund research into both wet and dry macular diseases.
The Macular Disease Foundation also,
- Works to enhance the delivery of existing services to visually impaired people and their families
- Tries to help meet the needs of the visually impaired.
- Conducts educational seminars about Macular Disease (central vision loss)
- Provides resources and services, including visual aids that are available.
- Encourages the development of local support groups that give Macular Disease patients the opportunity to meet on a regular basis with each other.